Welcome to Nambour Museum
Step back in time at the Nambour & District Historical Museum and experience life through the generations since the first settlers arrived in the area. The museum showcases the rich heritage of the local district, major industries such as sugar cane, telecommunications and health as well as many other facets of country life.
18 Mitchell Street, Nambour, Queensland
Wednesdays and Saturdays
We're widely recognised for...
- Permanent exhibitions and changing displays
- Regular heritage themed special events
- Historic photographic collections
- Entertaining videos and slideshows
- Comprehensive resource library
- Community engagement
You must visit because …
- Our volunteers work really hard to preserve our heritage
- Our displays showcase the past for present and future generations
- Our home is much bigger than you might think
We are proud of our extensive collections relating to the Sugar and Telecommunications industries …
An impressive assembly of railway locomotives and associated machinery from the Moreton Central Sugar Mill (1897-2003) is showcased.
From morse code to the local manual telephone operator and the first mobile phone, the various forms of communication used in Nambour for more than 100 years are on display here.